sneak a peek: first looks before the ceremony
Are you a traditional bride? Or do you like to bend the rules a bit? These days, many brides are choosing the latter when it comes to allowing the groom to see them before they walk down the aisle. “First Look” photo sessions continue to rise in popularity, so if you’re not superstitious about when the big reveal occurs, it might just be for you. Here are some pros to having a first look:
- It’s a private, special moment for you and the groom to share alone (aside from the photographer, of course).
- The time you would have spent after the ceremony taking photos is open for enjoying your reception and talking to your guests.
- Seeing each other before the ceremony may help calm the wedding jitters.
- The groom has a chance to really express how beautiful he thinks you look instead of having to whisper it to you during the ceremony.
- Your photographer is guaranteed to get an up-close reaction shot, which could be harder to do in the ceremony setting.
What do you think? Did you or will you do a “First Look” on your wedding day? Or do you prefer to stick to tradition and wait to see your groom when you come down the aisle?